Today’s audiences need more than motivation and rehashed ideas. They need real-world tools to help them be more productive and impact the bottom line. Inspiration to change and improve. Balance finders. Stress relievers. You’ll find all of these and more in Laura Stack’s keynotes.
These general session keynote topics can be presented in 60 minutes to three hours. Laura always customizes her presentations based upon the specific challenges, messaging, or theme you’d like her to incorporate.
Accelerating Your Team's Collective Productivity
Even the best single person can't succeed alone. Neither can you. Individual productivity is just the beginning of business proﬁtability; the real winner is team productivity. While sports teams may have stand-outs who pull the team's ranking upward — Peyton Manning and Lebron James come to mind — they couldn't do their jobs if everyone wasn't in there supporting them to the best of their abilities. When done well, the team wins championships.
Today's workplaces require people who can "team well." Yes, you have to use email and communicate and go to meetings. Yes, there will always be someone who works more slowly. Yes, you have to get agreement on some decisions. But a collective effort is much faster than an individual effort, in almost all instances. It takes less time to get things done with a team. This presentation will teach The Four "Keys" to Becoming a F-A-S-T Team:
- Fairness: Proper under the rules; honest; just; straightforward.
- Accountability: Responsible to someone or for some action; answerable; within one's power, control, or management.
- Systems-thinking: One impacts the whole; interrelated linkages and interactions between components; a set of correlated people.
- Technology: Speciﬁc methods, materials, and devices used to exchange information; creation and use of technical means; use of knowledge to solve practical problems.
Doing the Right Things Right
How the Effective Executive Spends Time
As an MBA student, Laura Stack was inspired by Peter Drucker’s classic 1969 book The Effective Executive. But a lot has changed since it was written. And while Drucker’s advice on what to do remains brilliant, he didn’t give much detail on the how. This keynote detailing how today’s leaders and managers can obtain profitable, productive results with their time by managing the intersection of two critical values: effectiveness and efficiency.
Effectiveness, Stack says, is identifying and achieving the best objectives for your organization— doing the right things. Efficiency is accomplishing them with the least amount of time, effort, and cost— doing things right. If you’re not clear on both, you’re wasting your time. As Drucker put it, “There is nothing so useless as doing Stack identifies twelve practices that will enable leaders to be effective and efficient, grouped into three areas where they spend their time, called 3T Leadership: THINK (Business), EAM (Employees), and TACTICS (Self). For each practice, Stack offers advice from her 25 years in the trenches, working with thousands of leaders globally. You’ll receive scores of new ideas on how you, your team, and your organization can boost productivity.
Stack identifies twelve practices that will enable leaders to be effective and efficient, grouped into three areas where they spend their time, called 3T Leadership: THINK (Business), TEAM (Employees), and TACTICS (Self). For each practice, Stack offers advice from her 25 years in the trenches, working with thousands of leaders globally. You’ll receive scores of new ideas on how you, your team, and your organization can boost productivity.
The Six Keys to Perform at Your Productive Best
In this presentation, emerging leaders, high potentials, and new leaders will learn how to achieve peak performance in the workplace. In this competitive economy, just being able to do your job is no longer enough. Competence is expected; you've got to be SuperCompetent to get an edge. SuperCompetent will give you proven methods to reach your maximum potential and achieve breakthrough results.
You’ll get to your productive best by mastering Six Keys to peak performance:
- Activity: the value and importance you place on your work
- Availability: the mastery over your schedule
- Attention: the capacity to focus intently and concentrate on tasks
- Accessibility: the ability to organize the inputs and outputs in your life
- Accountability: the extent to which you take personal responsibility for your actions and outcomes
- Attitude: your motivation, drive, and proactiveness
The Seven Daily Habits of Highly Profitable Salespeople
What separates an average salesperson from a high-performing salesperson? They spend more time on activities that produce sales and less time on those that don’t. Simple concept? Yes, but difficult to implement in reality, because most traditional sales training doesn’t focus on productivity, and “old school” time management techniques have little application for the salesperson. In this session, you’ll learn “real world” methods to manage your day.
The Seven Daily Habits:
- Do more of the activities that drive sales (actively selling, prospecting or closing sales).
- Do fewer non-income producing activities (delegate, automate, reduce).
- Integrate their various tools seamlessly (sync your in-house CRM, email, handheld, tablet, laptop).
- Automate administrative activities (manual processing, filing, moving).
- Maintain flawless organization systems (effective time, email, and information management).
- Follow-up with impeccable accuracy and predictability (workflow systems that track open loops and pending items).
- Work efficiently from anywhere (road warriors, mobile office, down time usage).
What to Do When There's Too Much to Do
Reduce Tasks, Increase Results, and Save 90 Minutes a Day
Look at your to-do list. It’s ridiculous. You can’t get all that done. As a skeptical audience member once told author Laura Stack before a presentation, “I don’t want to hear a productivity consultant telling me to do more with less. I want to do less and achieve more.” That’s exactly what Laura offers in this presentation.
You’re never going to save time and increase efficiency by adding more to your bloated list. You need a comprehensive approach that will enable you to organize your life around the tasks that really matter and let go of the ones that doesn’t. Stack’s innovative, six step Productivity Workflow Formula (PWF) allows you to spend less time and achieve greater results than you ever thought possible. By following her logical and intuitive process, you can wrestle your schedule into submission.
Laura shows how to separate the productive wheat from the nonproductive chaff—to hone in on the high-value tasks, protect the time to do them, and focus on their execution. You’ll learn how to scale back—reduce, reduce, reduce is her mantra. You’ll find dozens of ways to shrink your to-do list, calendar commitments, distractions, interruptions, information overload, inefficiencies, and energy expenditures. Each reduction will Increase your results and save you time.
YOU Can Be a Productivity Pro Teambuilding Gameshow
Using a fun, fast-paced, game-show format, your audience members will compete over the bragging rights to the title “THE (your meeting here) PRODUCTIVITY PRO!” Using whole-audience techniques and multi-media, everyone will be involved, all the while building stronger teams and learning what it takes to be productive in today’s busy workplaces. You can expect musical instruments, videos, songs, audience interaction, shouting, prizes, and attendees up on stage. But it’s not ALL fun and games! Great content is added to the fun—all customized around the performance focus areas YOU want to highlight for your meeting.
Sample Objectives (customized for your theme):
- Invest time in the game changers.
- Stay focused and concentrate on your work.
- Save your fellow team members