Cracking the Code – Mastering the Client Acquisition Process
After years of consulting with many of the most successful advisors, especially during this recent period of unprecedented turbulence and uncertainty, Duncan MacPherson has taken that experience and created a presentation that helps advisors thrive rather than just survive, and in the process, take their client acquisition results to the next level.
In the Cracking the Code – Mastering the Client Acquisition Process presentation, Duncan focuses on 3 essential components that virtually all financial advisors can use to identify untapped opportunities that exist in their respective businesses.
1.)Client Acquisition through Client Referrals – Maximizing Client Relationships
We've seen time and time again how many advisors overlook substantial low hanging fruit with their respective businesses. In this part of the presentation Duncan lays out a process that will help advisors:
- Competitor-proof existing client relationships and create a foundation of refer-ability.
- Uncover hidden assets by converting partial customers into fully empowering clients.
- Learn how to convert clients into referral generating advocates.
2.) Client Acquisition through Partner Referrals – Engaging Strategic Partners
Many advisors refer their clients to strategic professional partners like accountants and lawyers, but it is often a one way street and they receive nothing in return. Our process addresses the issues that undermine two-way refer-ability and provides advisors with a proven strategy to attract a higher quality and quantity of referrals from these powerful influencers.
3.) Client Acquisition through Target Marketing – A Professional Prospecting Process
In the final part of the presentation, Duncan outlines a time-tested approach for implementing a professional target marketing strategy to drive client acquisition. Many advisors dabble in what we refer to as "spray and pray" broadcast marketing. Our approach shows them how to narrowcast with precision using this simple, predictable formula:
- Identify Inside Champions to build credibility in a specific target market.
- Create an Insiders Reputation to gather momentum in the target market.
- Deploy a professional process to attract new clients rather than chase them.
Note: This presentation can be delivered as a high level step-by-step overview in 45-90 minutes at an industry conference, or drilled down in more detail in a one or two-day boot camp format. Either way, participants will receive actionable take-a-ways to assist them with predictable implementation.
Take Your Business to the Next Level
Duncan MacPherson and his team at Pareto Systems have created and refined a process that can be implemented with precision and certainty. And what is most exciting is that, minor adjustments can lead to major improvements.
This presentation will give entrepreneurs a full array of actionable tools that they can implement immediately to actually translate ideas into results. This approach is time-tested and proven to help make meaningful and measurable progress in a reasonable period of time.
In this presentation, advisors will learn to:
- Attract a Higher Quality and Quantity of Referrals
- The Shift from Salesperson to Consultant
- Turn Your Book into a Business
- Create a Service Matrix
- Know Your Client
- Discover Overlooked Vulnerabilities and Untapped Opportunities
- Face the Future with Anticipation
- Concentrate on Implementation
Fast Track to Referrals
(Length can be customized from 60-120 min.)
Today's financial advisor understands that it costs far more time and effort to convert a prospect into a client than it does to convert an existing client into a flag waving advocate. But consider the personal fulfillment involved as well. It can be draining and anticlimactic to be perpetually convincing new people to work with you. Why not work more effectively with the people who are already convinced and let them do the convincing on your behalf? The real value in a client relationship is not in the initial commissions you earn; it's in the commitment the client demonstrates to you over the lifetime of your relationship.
There are no silver bullets when it comes to referrals. They are not realized because of clever phrases or by asking your clients well timed questions. Most referral approaches are transparent and make the advisor look needy and put the clients on the spot. Top advisors attract a steady stream of referrals because of reciprocation felt by their clients, not because of obligation.
In this presentation participants will learn how to:
- Address the unspoken resistance that prevents your clients from referring
- Survey your clients for their referral awareness and predisposition
- Install a consistent and congruent process that earns trust
- Project a degree of scarcity that enhances your perceived value
- Train your clients why, to whom and how they should be referring to you
- Position referrals as a service to your clients rather than a benefit to you
- Attract referrals like a consultant rather than chase them like a salesperson