Lessons In Leadership
As the first female F-14 Fighter Pilot in the U.S.Navy, Carey Lohrenz knows what it takes to win in one of the highest pressure, extreme environments imaginable.
In 1994, when Carey “Vixen” Lohrenz was deployed to the USS Abraham Lincoln, there were fewer than 5 female aviators on a ship of 5000 male crew members. Facing uncharted waters in an intensely male-dominated environment, Lohrenz learned vital lessons in leadership that followed her into the corporate world. The most successful leaders share a common foundation of principles used from the flight deck to the front office. The greatest leaders from all corners of the world know how to inspire, use good judgment, take initiative and make powerful decisions – with integrity.
In this keynote, Carey shares the fundamentals that helped her win in the cockpit at Mach 2, and can help your team win in business:
- Be a Catalyst. Make change happen by focusing on what matters most.
- Be Tenacious. Overcome your fear of failure.
- Be Committed to Excellence. Prepare, Execute, and Debrief to accomplish seemingly impossible missions every day.
- Be Resilient. Turn adversity into success.
An industry pioneer and team performance accelerant, Carey is uniquely qualified in the fundamentals of Leadership, Teamwork, Winning Under Pressure, Reducing Errors, and Overcoming Obstacles.
This highly popular leadership keynote will challenge, inform, and inspire your team to move to higher levels of performance in these difficult economic times. Lohrenz offers bottom-line expertise with clear, realistic takeaway items for audiences that can produce both short-term and life changing results.
Lessons In Partnership
Just like in aviation in a rapidly changing global environment, speed is life. Collaboration is critical to business success and managing successful strategic partnerships is crucial. Competitive advantage is gained when your organization can optimize partnerships and strategic alliances. Deeper relationships with partners can be the key to long term success and growth.
In this inspiring and engaging keynote, Carey shares what it takes to be on the ‘Leading Edge.’ Those things that helped her succeed in one of the most extreme environments on earth can help elevate your team to gain advantage and uncover opportunities.
Striking A Balance
A successful career, a happy family, and a balanced personal life leave little time for many people to nurture their dreams.
As a former Naval Aviator, a corporate executive, and as a busy mother of four, Carey “Vixen” Lohrenz knows first-hand the challenges of navigating the many demands of daily work-life balance. In this riveting inspirational keynote speech, Carey will inspire you to ‘Be the Catalyst’ and look beyond your circumstances.
Just as pilots do a “systems check” before takeoff, Carey’s motivational speech will walk you through a Pre-Flight Check on your journey towards success.
- Belief in Yourself and Your Abilities: To be successful and ultimately take charge of your life, overcoming lack of self-belief is one of the biggest hurdles you need to overcome.
- A Firm Commitment: Be unwavering and purposeful in your actions.
- Clarity of Purpose: Clarity of purpose and a clear picture of precisely what you want to achieve are key factors in achieving success.
- Make a Plan – Stay Focused Keep life’s distractions and interruptions at bay by creating your plan – and sticking to it.
Carey’s highly popular keynote will inspire and energize while providing work-life balance tools to help you regain control of your personal and professional life.
High Risk Into High Reward
Carey Lohrenz knows what it takes to win in one of the highest pressure environments imaginable, where inconsistent execution can generate catastrophic results. When it comes to safety, carrier aviators have it down to a science. With zero tolerance for error, they rely on every crewmember, regardless of rank, to work as a team and maintain safety awareness at all times.
Consider the standards of carrier aviation:
- Simple, rigorous checklists
- A culture that doesn’t tolerate safety lapses
- Sound & critical decision making skills
- Clear communication
- A collaborative model
Carey’s “Patient Safety” keynotes and workshops challenge, inform & inspire your employees to move to higher levels of performance and operational excellence in high-risk and sometimes dangerous environments.
Carey shares risk planning strategies and training to:
- Improve leadership, communication and teamwork among your physicians, nurses, staff and patients
- Improve the patient experience
- Demonstrate simple root cause analysis that will highlight “what” is right, versus “who” is right
- Create a positive safety culture
- Reduce human error & the chance of a mishap
- Encourage a commitment to safety from all of your healthcare providers while maintaining clinical quality
These tools will allow you to survive and succeed, with superior results consistently, just as she did in the demanding world of fighter aviation. Carey Lohrenz is a dynamic healthcare speaker whose passion for improving patient and staff satisfaction in the fast-paced field of healthcare brings results. With her authentic, highly motivational personality, she is in demand as a patient safety keynote speaker nationwide. Not only is she sought after by medical and pharmaceutical professionals for her risk management solutions, but small businesses and large corporations appreciate her “flight plan’ for success.
In a challenging economic environment, remaining relevant to your customers and within your organization is critical to your survival. Those who fail to deliver value to their consumers, shareholders, clients, and teammates become extinct. Could that happen to you? In aviation, complacency kills. The same is true in business. If you become complacent and ignore the warning signs (shifts in culture, trends, global demands, budget restrictions), you could be facing extinction.
In this energizing and empowering keynote, Carey shares the fundamentals that can help your team win in business by learning the importance of remaining relevant, how to accelerate performance, how to stay agile and adaptable, and how high performing teams become excellent.